Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thoughts on a January Morning

Aurora is doing well, she has her own room here and a play room doubled over with toys.

I've set up the bottom 3 drawers of the dresser in her room to hold pajamas, then socks and underoos, and then diapers. This way she is able to get herself dressed for bed, and started to be dressed for the day (I just have to lay her day clothes out for her). She's so independent, and I love it! This girl is growing up to be a self-sufficient & strong-willed little girl!

I have always thought that my job as a parent is to help make my children independent, self-sufficient, productive members of society... ones that can think not only about themselves, but also about the impact that they can and do have on the people around them. Not to toot my own whistle (toot toot!!) but I think I'm on the right track.

Aurora has been busy around here with unpacking  her toys and helping us get them put into the right places, and shelves, and rooms. for her thisis almost like opening presents everyday! We open one box, and "WOW! Momma I found my _______! It's not gonner-ever! I found it!"

That is usually the point where I lose my helper, but its ok. I love to see her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment