Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Growing up so fast

 Aurora has gone to school before, in TN she went 2 days a week for a couple hours. That was just a little bit of social time for her away from me. Tuesday.... she started full time, every day, 8-5, school. The decision was hard to find a school that was right, that was what I wanted in a preK, was affordable, and that didn't terrify me to leave her with the staff. There was a 'something' that I was looking for, that I found at this center I chose, I can't put words to it... its a look, a feel, and just an overall sense.
 Aurora was so ready to go to school, she got up, dressed, and ate in record time!
 She took a book with her, The Three Little Kittens, to share with her new friends.
I cried like a baby, she walked in, sat down and told me bye. She didn't' even want to wave at the window. Aurora is such a big kid now. When I wen to pick her up, she was trying the monkey bars. 

and get this.... 
when I picked her up.... 
she said: 
"next time stay at work even longer momma."

1 comment:

  1. Such a big girl!! Ethan was the same way, and I know when Mollie starts next year she'll probably do the same. It's bittersweet how quickly they grow up.

    ReplyDelete