Monday, November 28, 2011

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We got out the Christmas decorations this weekend! Aurora and I looked through our ornaments and I told her the stories about each on, where we were, who we were with and what we were doing. The first ornament of the year was this one from London. I told her about the horse at the palace and the sign that warned that they may bite. I told her abouthte red phone booths, and the cars that drove on the wrong side of the road. 
First Ornament of the Year - London
Aurora hung the first ornament of the year, and we kept on decorating and telling stories and laughing. 
Hanging the first Ornament
As the ornaments needed to go higher, I helped Aurora reach the top.
I topped the tree with my Smores topper this year, I love those little charachters!




finished tree


Kid's tree



 We set up a little kid's tree too, this one is decorated in all the ornaments and tree topper from Germany. I wasn't sure I would like the straw decorations, but they are really nice! We are trying a new tradition this year - we are wrapping all our Christmas themed books and putting them under the tree - then each night we will open a new book and read it! how fun!




 Our mantel looks beautiful! you can't tell it in the photos but there are snowflake lights all in the garland, and I have added stockings already! I think I love the decorating part of the holidays most of all! Now to wrap and add presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment