Friday, March 25, 2011

Sea World - Day 5

Sea World was a cool place to visit, but I am not sure I would call it a $90 value, thank goodness the admission was free for military ID holders! The aquariums were very clean, and stocked with a HUGE variety there was an awesome roller coaster called the Manta that was phenomenal! If I were going to pay admission for this kind of park again though, I think I would go Atlanta Aquarium. 

Shamu's Show was pretty cool. There were about 5 whales in the show, each had their own handler. The first part was an interpretive kind of show about the whale meeting his man, and the other part of the show was where they had the whales wave, and jump and then, of course, Splash! During the pre-show moments there was one playful whale that was splashing the crowd just for its own amusement.


does any one else see that bright eyed sting ray sneaking in the photo?

they were selling oysters that had pearl in them, here's one that had been opened

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

it was a chilly day, but the flowers were lovely,  and this photo op was irresistible.

ready for the 'splash zone' at Shamu's show



Take Cover!!!

INCOMING!!!


Aurora holding the mold of a Polar Bear's foot, talk about BIG foot!

seriously, that is a HUGE foot!

I made James laugh, but still he held his breath to 1 minute 5 seconds.

I admit my defeat at 55 seconds.

Our entire seaworld party weighed in at 733lbs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment